Faith and Public Policy Institute to Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Contact: Dr. Jessica Davis, Faith and Public Policy Institute, 609-955-3547, firstname.lastname@example.org
PRINCETON, N.J. Jan. 16, 2013 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Faith and Public Policy Institute will launch the Moral Agenda to eradicate poverty in America on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 4 PM in the Capital City of New Jersey at Turning Point United Methodist Church during the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Interfaith Service. The following is the ten point agenda:
- Advocate for Children in Poverty in America including Quality Education.
- Decrease Unemployment Rate with Training Programs for Unskilled and Low Skilled Workers including Support of Veterans.
- Increase Minimum Wage ($8-$10) to Living Wage Salaries ($15-$20).
- Invest in Parents with the Head Start Program and Workplace Day Care.
- Develop Housing Rehabilitation Program including Low Density Public Housing.
- End Hunger and Food Insecurity including New Farming Initiatives with Urban and Regional Farming.
- Support Programs for Victims of Predatory Lenders including the Outcome of Homelessness.
- Major Overhaul of the Prison Industrial Complex.
- End Unfair Personal and Corporate Tax Breaks and Concessions.
- Support Entitlement Programs including Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
The Faith & Public Policy Institute Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable, religious, and educational nonprofit organization in Princeton, New Jersey. The mission of the Faith and Public Policy Institute is to educate the faith community on domestic and foreign policy.
Inquiries should be sent to email@example.com or call (609) 955-3547. Reporters, photographers and video crews are welcome to attend the Interfaith Service.
What: Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Interfaith Service.
When: 4:00 p.m., Saturday, January 19, 2013
Where: Turning Point United Methodist Church, 15 South Board Street, Trenton, N.J. 08607
Who: Dr. Jessica Davis, President of Faith & Public Policy Institute