Catholics Urged to Leaflet Cdl. Mahony's Giant Pro-'Gay,' Pro-Radical-Feminist, Faith-Subverting Dissent-Fest
L.A.'s Cardinal Archbishop to Host Many Speakers Who Undermine Catholic Teachings on Key Issues
Contact: Kenneth M. Fisher, 714-491-2284, 714-260-3821 cell
ANAHEIM, Calif., March 17, 2011 /Christian Newswire/ -- "This is an emergency -- we're calling all Catholics to come join us and leaflet Los Angeles Cardinal Roger Mahony's latest dissent-fest," says Kenneth M. Fisher, chairman of Concerned Roman Catholics of America, Inc. (CRCOA). "He'll make tens of thousands of Catholics hear Faith-subverters, dissenters who get people to defy the Church on abortion, homosexuality, contraception, New Age practices and ordination of women."
Fisher announced that on Saturday, March 19, 2011, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., his group will leaflet Cardinal Mahony's annual Religious Education Congress, the world's largest training event for Catholic schoolteachers.
(The Congress will take place at the Anaheim Convention Center, March 17-20. The Saturday leafleting will be outside the Center's main exhibit hall.)
Fisher said, "Many of the presenters aren't objectionable, and Cardinal Mahony does have a few well-known 'token' orthodox Catholic speakers. But he's also bringing in speakers with long track records of dissent from Catholic doctrine."
"Cardinal Mahony's pro-'gays,' women-priest advocates, New Agers and anti-Pope rebels will tell Catholic educators what to teach," Fisher warned. "Then the teachers will go home and infect countless innocent Catholic children with those errors."
"Nowhere in the 308 workshop topics for 2011," added Fisher, "will you find the terms, 'Magisterium,' "Catechism of the Catholic Church,' 'Tridentine Mass,' 'Humanae Vitae,' 'contraception,' 'Adoration' or 'reparation.'"
Fisher said CRCOA members will hand out flyers that expose speakers who dissent from the Church's doctrines. Here are some of Cdl. Mahony's 193 speakers:
- A professor who subtly undermines Church teachings on papal authority, sodomy, contraception and women's ordination
- An L.A. priest known for his pro-'gays' sermons and left-wing activism
- A keynote speaker who's spoken to Call to Action (Catholic dissenters), founded a group that pushes radical leftist "liberation" theology, and claims Catholics' private property should be held in common with that of other parishioners
- A self-described "catechist" who at the 2006 REC rapped the Vatican's alleged "assumption" that we must "curb the sexual urges or desires of our homosexual presbyters," but not of our heterosexual priests
- A laicized priest who wants not only women priests but also women bishops
"Why is Cardinal Mahony promoting such speakers?" Fisher asked. "Shouldn't a prince of the Church make sure his speakers are loyal to the Church?"
Fisher invites faithful Catholics to join CRCOA's peaceful, prayerful leafleting by calling him at: 714-491-2284 or e-mailing him at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To get on CRCOA's group e-mail list, go to: email@example.com
Those who wish to demonstrate on the other days of the Congress are encouraged to contact us at the above listed contacts.
Fisher added, "Our group urgently needs funds to carry on our work. Tax-deductible contributions can be sent to Concerned Roman Catholics of America, in care of Kenneth M. Fisher, 1415 West Cerritos Avenue, #51, Anaheim CA 92802-2269."