AFTAH Condemns Sec. Gates' and Adm. Mullen's Capitulation to Obama's Radical Plan to Homosexualize the Military
Contact: Peter LaBarbera, Americans For Truth About Homosexuality, 630-717-7631
MEDIA ADVISORY, Feb. 3 /Christian Newswire/ -- Americans For Truth About Homosexuality President Peter LaBarbera issued the following statement in response to Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Joint Chiefs Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen's testimony yesterday in favor of President Obama's plan to allow open homosexuals in the military:
"At a time of recession and a potentially long-lasting jobs crisis -- and the ongoing national security crisis presented by worldwide Islamic terrorism -- most Americans do not view homosexualizing our military as a top priority. And yet that is the course that President Barack Obama, and apparently some of his sycophantic military advisers, have chosen.
"With Defense Secretary Robert Gates' pledge to draw up plans to implement President Obama's pro-homosexual military objective -- and to remove a key means of identifying violating homosexual servicemembers (third-party reports on illegal same-sex behavior) -- America now faces the spectacle of another grinding, unnecessary, Left-driven policy debate.
"The problem for Obama -- and Gates -- is that the American people have a say in stopping this latest 'gay' capitulation. Implementing a pro-homosexual plan in the military will:
- devastate morale and unit cohesion in our Armed Forces;
- lead to a drop in enlistment and retention of good soldiers -- and discourage religious men and women of high moral character from seeking military service;
- violate the privacy concerns of normal (straight) servicemembers: will new 'Gays-Only' showers be constructed at all U.S. bases?;
- ultimately subject millions of small-town, traditionally-minded recruits to pro-homosexual 'diversity' training that undermines historic Judeo-Christian teachings;
- further alienate the United States from a Muslim world that already regards us as a decadent nation.
"This anti-military, left-wing policy misadventure must be stopped in its tracks by the American people standing up and shouting a collective 'NO!' to the Democratic/Obama plan to homosexualize the military.
"If Sec. Gates (who also served as President George W. Bush's Secretary of Defense) and Adm. Mike Mullen -- the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who strongly backed Obama's plan -- were men of courage and principle, they would resign rather than consent to this misguided sexual experiment that will weaken our military. Instead, they have become complicit in the escalating degradation of the homosexual exclusion law under President Obama, who is beholden to his homosexual activist allies."