Contact: Tina Givens, NRB Network, 615-338-5091
NASHVILLE, Jan. 17, 2013 /Christian Newswire/ -- NRB Network brings together six of the nation's top Christian apologists in April for a one-day event that takes on tough and hotly-argued issues such as human origins, Islam, atheism, and more. One session preps college freshmen for arguments skeptics use to discredit Christianity.
The Know Truth Apologetics Conference takes place Saturday, April 13, 2013, from 9 am to 6 pm at Christ Church in Nashville. It builds on NRB Network's strong reputation for programming that gives viewers well-grounded reasons to believe.
"Our viewers have a heart for apologetics," says Troy A. Miller, NRB Network President and CEO. "It's our most popular primetime programming block and one of the things that sets our channel apart. The Know Truth conference is an opportunity for our viewers, college students and the community at large to interact with some of the most well-known Christian apologists out there in a way that goes beyond the television screen."
The Know Truth conference speaker lineup features:
- Ray Bohlin, Ph.D., a Fellow of the Discovery Institute's Center for Science & Culture and author of The Natural Limits to Biological Change.
- William Dembski, Ph.D., a mathematician and philosopher who is a leading intelligent design thinker, Senior Fellow with Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture and Professor of Culture and Science at Southern Evangelical Seminary.
- Stuart McAllister, a native of Scotland who was imprisoned several times in communist nations for preaching the Gospel and who now speaks across the world with Ravi Zacharias International Ministries.
- Alex McFarland, a popular apologetics speaker, director of the Center for Christian Worldview and Apologetics at North Greenville University, and author of several books, including the best-selling 10 Most Common Objections to Christianity.
- Larry Taunton has debated leading skeptics Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens, and developed a Super Bowl commercial featuring John 3:16, a project of the Fixed Point Foundation, which he serves as founder and executive director.
- Frank Turek, president of CrossExamined.org, provides hard yet entertaining evidence for Christianity to both live audiences and on his weekly one-hour TV program, I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist (Wednesday nights at 9pm and 1am Eastern on the NRB Network).
To register for the conference, which is Saturday, April 13, 2013, from 9 am to 6 pm at Christ Church in Nashville, visit Know Truth Apologetics Conference online. Individual early-bird registration is just $35 before March 15, and $50 after March 15. Student registration is just $15.
NRB Network airs on DIRECTV channel 378, on SkyAngel channel 126, via online video streaming at www.nrbnetwork.tv and on Roku players, and on select local affiliates.