Contact: Suzanna Choi, Fred Jordan Mission, 949-653-6516, 949-254-8080 cell
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 23 /Christian Newswire/ -- Skid Row's Annual Traditional Thanksgiving Banquet hosted by the Fred Jordan Mission, with generous support from the Los Angeles Sikh Community.
- 2,000 underprivileged men, women and children being served a sit-down homemade Thanksgiving turkey dinner by hundreds of caring volunteers including several celebrities
- Volunteers preparing and serving 3,000 pounds of turkey, 70 gallons of gravy, 485 pounds of green beans, 600 pounds of candied yams, 450 pumpkin pies and 20 gallons of fruit punch for this extraordinary feast
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa serving dinner to the homeless on Skid Row
- Hal Snyder, Vice President, Southern California Gas Company presenting a $2,500 contribution to the Fred Jordan Mission to kick-off their Season of Giving Campaign
- New free blankets and free food bags stocked with fresh fruits and vegetables, rice,
beans and roast beef being given to each guest, thanks to the Los Angeles Sikh Community.
When: Thursday, November 23rd, 2006,
the event officially begins at 10:00 a.m. PST
Where: Fred Jordan Mission, 445 Towne Avenue, (Skid Row),
Los Angeles, (East 5th Street, corner of Towne Ave.)