Starbucks Targeted for Picketing and Consumer Boycotts as a Consequence of Supporting Planned Parenthood
Contact: Gregg Cunningham, 714-240-6976, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW YORK, Sept. 24, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- On Monday, September 26, 2016, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., the anti-abortion groups Priests For Life (PFL) and the Center For Bio-Ethical Reform (CBR) will conduct pickets against the Starbucks store located at 1585 Broadway, New York, NY 10036-8200, phone (212-541-7515) in opposition to the coffee vender's financial support for Planned Parenthood, America's largest abortion provider. The pickets will involve the display of abortion photo signs.
- Approximately sixty major corporations support Planned Parenthood and each has defied PFL/CBR cease & desist letters which threaten consumer boycotts and pickets.
- Displaying abortion photo picket signs at the retail locations of these merchants represents an attempt to inform customers that some portion of their consumer dollars will be donated to America's largest abortion provider. This tactic is effective even with pro-abortion customers who tend to avoid areas in which abortion photos are exhibited.
- Polling data indicate that 55% of Americans are unaware that Planned Parenthood performs abortions. Boycott pickets help inform the public of this fact.
- Some 70% know little or nothing about Planned Parenthood's practice of harvesting fetal organs for transplant into lab rats, etc. Boycott pickets help inform the public of this fact.
- Aborted baby photo displays at the point of purchase for customers of Planned Parenthood's corporate donors are an effective means through which to drive even pro-abortion customers away from a picketed retailer.
- Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz has declared that the corporation's commercial success is based on a pleasing customer experience and employee morale. Abortion photos on the sidewalks of Starbucks retail locations will adversely effect both.
- Simultaneous pickets of Starbucks stores will be undertaken in NYC (Manhattan), and Irvine, CA. (Orange County).
- Because Starbucks stores tend to be collocated with other retailers, the presence of picketers will likely antagonize neighboring business owners who are likely to also exert pressure on Starbucks to stop engaging in conduct which invites protesters.
As a courtesy to the neighboring businesses located nearest to your facilities, we will provide their management with detailed information concerning the nature and purpose of our demonstrations.
For additional information, contact Gregg Cunningham, email@example.com, 714-240-6976.