Community Leaders Proclaim, "Women Deserve Better Than Abortion"
Contact: Tom Ciesielka, 312-422-1333, firstname.lastname@example.org
CHICAGO, Jan. 4, 2018 /Christian Newswire/ -- The 2018 March for Life Chicago will draw large crowds (currently estimated to be 6,000 +) of pro-life advocates from across Illinois and the Midwest. On Sunday, January 14, 2018, people from all walks of life will come together on Chicago's Federal Plaza to proclaim the sanctity of human life and call for an end to abortion as they march through the Loop beginning at 2 p.m. (Central). Archbishop of Chicago, Cardinal Blase J. Cupich and the Chicago Bears' co-owner Pat McCaskey are among the featured speakers.
March for Life Chicago Board of Directors President Dawn Fitzpatrick explained that the peaceful march through the streets of Chicago is a reminder that people of Illinois and throughout the Midwest desire to change the societal perception of abortion. "Killing a child in the womb is never a viable answer. Abortion is not an acceptable solution to any problem. We believe that 'Love Saves Lives' and that is our theme for this year's March. We call upon religious, civic and community leaders to renew every effort to build a nation and culture dedicated to protecting life at every stage and eliminating the violence of abortion," stated Fitzpatrick. "Thousands of individuals and groups will come together on January 14 to proclaim that our women, men, children and families deserve better than abortion."
WHAT: March for Life Chicago 2018, "Love Saves Lives"
WHEN: Sunday, January 14, 2018, from 2 to 4 p.m. (Central)
WHO: Thousands of individuals and groups from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, Ohio and Missouri
WHERE: Federal Plaza, 50 W Adams, Chicago - MAP: goo.gl/maps/Zu1lI
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: MarchForLifeChicago.org
- Sheila Liaugminas, Relevant Radio talk show host
- Rep. Peter Roskam, United States Congressman (R) IL-6
- Ramona Trevino, former Planned Parenthood director and author of Redeemed by Grace
- Pat McCaskey, Chicago Bears co-owner
- Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, Archbishop, Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago
- Bishop Donald Hying, Catholic Diocese of Gary
- Right Reverend Paul, Bishop of Chicago and the Midwest, Orthodox Church in America
- Dr. Ed Stetzer, Executive Director, Billy Graham Center for Evangelism, The Moody Church
- Sarah Storto, Vice President, Loyola Students for Life
- Aid for Women
- Archdiocese of Chicago
- Catholic Conference of Illinois
- Couples for Christ Foundation for Family and Life
- Illinois Right to Life
- Lake County Right to Life
- Orthodox Church of America
- Pro-Life Action League
- Pro-Life Champions
- Relevant Radio
- Southside Pregnancy Center
- Spirit Juice Studios
- Students for Life of Illinois
- Thomas More Society
- Women's Center of Greater Chicagoland
About the March for Life Chicago
The March for Life Chicago is an annual public event composed of people from diverse ethnic, social, and religious backgrounds dedicated to defending and protecting all human life. The event marks with deep sadness the great tragedy of the legalization of abortion in the United States along with the devastating social, moral, and legal consequences that have followed. Marching together in hope, the March for Life Chicago calls upon government, religious, civic, and community leaders to renew every effort to build a nation that affirms the authentic dignity of women, the gift of children, and a culture dedicated to protecting life at every stage of development. Learn more at: MarchForLifeChicago.org.