Contact: Jill Farrell, Judicial Watch, 202-646-5172
WASHINGTON, Jan. 19, 2018 /Christian Newswire/ -- Judicial Watch announced today that it obtained travel records from the U.S. Department of the Air Force in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for President Donald Trump and his family. The total for President Trump's travels in this production is $3,199,188.30. Added to the previously released costs, the known travel costs for President Trump's political and leisure travel is now $13,533,937.28.
- President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump flew to his Bedminster golf club on June 30 and returned July 3. Flight time was 2.8 hours at $15,994 per hour for a total of $44,783.30.
- President Trump and Melania Trump flew various trips between Bedminster and New York for a vacation on August 4 through August 21. Flight time was 5.9 hours at $15,994 per hour for a total of $94,364.60.
- President Trump flew to Yuma, AZ, to meet with Marines and then attended a campaign rally in Phoenix on August 22. He flew 10.6 hours at $142,380 per hour for a total of $1,509,228.
- President Trump flew to Springfield, MO, on Aug. 30 to appear at a rally as a kickoff for tax reform at the Loren Cook Company. He flew 3.8 hours at $142,380 for a total of $541,044.
- President Trump flew to Huntsville, AL, on September 22 to campaign for Sen. Luther Strange. He then spent the weekend at Bedminster, returning to the White House on September 24. He flew 6.8 hours at $142,380 per hour for a total of $968,184.
- President Trump flew to Bedminster on September 29 through October 1. Flight time was 2.6 hours at $15,994 per hour for a total of $41,584.40.
"The president is accountable to the taxpayers – they spend our hard-earned dollars and that's why Judicial Watch keeps track of certain travel costs," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "Trump's regular trips to his homes are adding up to a hefty sum."
The Secret Service has not yet provided to Judicial Watch documents requested through FOIA in conjunction with these trips.
Judicial Watch has also monitored travel for President Obama's family and found a total of $114,691,322.17 in expenses to date, which includes annual Christmas family vacations in Hawaii; Michelle's annual ski trips to Aspen; President Obama's annual golf trip to Palm Springs, and various fundraising trips around the country, including California and New York.