'The Defense Never Rests' - Southern Evangelical Seminary's 23rd Annual National Conference on Christian Apologetics Set for Oct. 13-15
Contact: Jen Retallick, 610-584-1096, ext 100
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Sept. 28, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- In less than six weeks, the faithful will have a chance to discuss some of the same issues that have made headlines for months. Along with hundreds of others, they will gather in Charlotte, N.C., for the 23rd annual National Conference on Christian Apologetics from Southern Evangelical Seminary (SES, www.ses.edu).
Hosted by Calvary Church, 5801 Pineville-Matthews Road in Charlotte, one of the most premier apologetics events in the nation is set for Oct. 13-15.
SES has an impressive lineup of nationally known speakers who will tackle the many tough topics that have been debated both in society and on the campaign trail. A women's pre-conference is also set for Oct. 13.
"Southern Evangelical Seminary's National Conference on Christian Apologetics is always a time to focus on the issues that are affecting every American, especially the faithful," said SES President and Evangelical leader Dr. Richard Land, who will also serve as a speaker. "But perhaps this year more than any other, our nation has become a platform for debate, with polarizing sides evident on a multitude of issues."
The theme of the conference, "The Defense Never Rests," focuses on the charge to Christians to defend their beliefs rationally, intelligently and lovingly. Speakers include:
- Dr. Norman Geisler: Author, professor, speaker, lecturer, philosopher, apologist, evangelist, theologian and co-founder of SES.
- Richard Howe: Debater and speaker who has taught courses in philosophy at several universities.
- Josh McDowell: Since 1961, has spoken to more than 10 million students through 24,000 talks in 118 countries.
- Sean McDowell: Assistant professor in Christian apologetics at Biola University, author and speaker at schools, churches and conferences.
- Dr. Hugh Ross: Founder and president of Reasons to Believe, which researches and communicates how the Bible harmonizes with nature.
- Jay Sekulow: Chief counsel of the American Center for Law and Justice, Supreme Court advocate, religious liberty expert and author of "Rise of ISIS."
- Lee Strobel: Atheist-turned-apologist, professor of Christian thought at Houston Baptist University and author of "The Case for Christ."
- Dr. Frank Turek: Dynamic speaker, award-winning author and leader of CrossExamined.org.
- J. Warner Wallace: Cold-case homicide detective, professor and author of the popular book, "Cold-Case Christianity."
SES is a leader in apologetics education—teaching students to defend their faith and talk intelligently, passionately and rationally about what they believe and why they believe it. For more info, visit www.ses.edu.