AFTAH Offers Resolutions for Pro-Family Advocates Battling the Homosexual Agenda in 2013
Contact: Peter LaBarbera, Americans For Truth, 630-546-4439, email@example.com
NAPERVILLE, Ill., Jan. 9, 2013 /Christian Newswire/ -- Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH), offers the following resolutions for pro-family advocates opposing the "gay" and transgender agenda in 2013:
- Get OFF the defense, and back on offense -- (get rid of that false guilt and incapacitating ambivalence; YOU are defending Truth; homosexual activists are promoting immorality, self-deception and lies).
- Follow God and not man (shore up your biblical beliefs) -- do you fear God or the reaction of people?
- "Question Authority": Don't trust elites -- even "conservatives" -- on the homosexual issue (e.g., Newt Gingrich's recent capitulation urging a GOP accommodation on "marriage equality"). [See Numbers 9 and 12.]
- Get back to the BEHAVIOR and its consequences (try Googling "MSM [men who have sex with men], CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention], HIV" or "MSM, CDC, Syphilis").
- Get off the opponents' playing field: it starts with restoring honest language in the debate. (e.g, counterfeit homosexual "marriage" is not equal to the real deal, so the "gay" term "Marriage Equality" is spurious).
- Recognize, dismiss and counter homosexual activists' lies and propaganda (e.g, defending morality is neither "hate" nor bigotry).
- Understand that this debate is really about homosexuality, not just "defending marriage."
- [Corollary] Stay principled; take the pledge: I will NEVER say or do anything that affirms homosexual, bisexual or gender-confused ("transgender") behavior as acceptable.
- Don't rely on the Republicans or put their agenda before God's -- but instead push them to LEAD and do what's right (and you moral Democrats need to fight evil within your party).
- Embrace and rally behind common sense; send political correctness packing (e.g., do transsexual men with fake breasts and real penises really belong in girls' locker rooms?).
- STOP assuming "gay" victories are inevitable and irreversible (and don't succumb to the media's intense pro-homosexual bias).
- [Related to #3] Think for yourself and don't rely on FOX News to defend the Truth on homosexuality (e.g., did you know that Bill O'Reilly has pretty much switched sides?).
- Call out the liberal media and educational establishment on their routine pro-homosexual and anti-Christian bias.
- Educate a libertarian -- on the clear and present threat that all pro-LGBT laws (including homosexual "marriage") pose to civil liberties and religious freedom.
- Educate a pro-lifer about the threat of the far-reaching homosexual-bisexual-transgender agenda (many pro-lifers are naive or ignorant about the homosexual agenda and its many parallels to their core concern).
- Be a thoughtful, truly compassionate Christian (tough, godly love requires that you uphold biblical sexual values and firmly guide your loved one away from embracing sinful, destructive -- and changeable -- behaviors).
- Be a Happy Warrior and understand the big picture: defending Truth is VIRTUOUS, and besides: it's not our truth, it's God's (and don't play into our opponent's stereotype of Christians as self-righteous, angry prudes).
- Don't be lazy: THINK!...then act (refuting "gay" myths, shibboleths and talking points is not rocket science).
- Patiently engage a young person on the "H" issue: are they entitled to reinvent centuries of Judeo-Christian tradition and teaching on love, relationships, family, and marriage? (Answer: no, but we first need to understand the cultural zeitgeist through which they view the world -- and the steady stream of LGBT misinformation they are imbibing -- before we can respond to it).
- Reserve your greatest outrage for those who affirm homosexuality in the name of God (the "gay Christianity" movement is a sham and they must be held to a higher standard).