Ohio's First Abortion Company Closing Columbus Facility After Long Sordid History
Contact: Mark Harrington, President, Created Equal, 614-419-9000, firstname.lastname@example.org
COLUMBUS, Ohio, June 28, 2018 /Christian Newswire/ -- A Columbus, OH abortion company, "Founders Women's Health Center," has shut their doors at 1243 E. Broad St. in Columbus, OH. Founders was the first abortion center in Ohio after abortion was decriminalized in 1973.
"Founders" has a sordid past:
- Killed thousands of babies – This abortion company has been murdering children for decades causing the deaths of thousands of innocent preborn children.
- Tax Liens – "Founders Women's Health Center" owes over one million dollars in taxes to the City of Columbus, State of Ohio, and the Federal Government (IRS).
- A revoked hospital agreement – Grant Hospital revoked their transfer agreement with the abortion clinic.
- An uninsured abortionist – Main abortionist has no medical malpractice insurance.
- Overdue fines – Owes the Ohio Department of Health $40,000 in fines.
- Injures women – One abortionist perforated the uterus of mother with a non-uterine pregnancy leaving her sterile.
- Employed a known child sex offender - Dr. Tom Michaelis' medical license was revoked after he pled guilty to sexual imposition. While employed by Founder's Women's Health Center, Michaelis was indicted by the US Attorney on federal child pornography charges.
We are grateful for all the hundreds of activists who have prayed, protested and sidewalk counseled outside this abortion center over the decades.
"For time being at least, Columbus, OH will be reduced to having one abortion center. It wasn't long ago there were seven killing centers in this city of 2 million residents. Thanks to the faithful efforts of the pro-life community, abortionists are increasingly having difficulty keeping their grisly businesses open." – Mark Harrington, President, Created Equal
"Abortion is a scourge on our families, our communities, and our moral consciousness. For nearly three decades, Ohio's first abortion clinic was housed at 1243 E Broad Street, in a building co-owned by three of Ohio's first abortion providers. The doors of that building are shutting. That is a good thing for this community." – Beth Vanderkooi, Executive Director, Greater Columbus Right to Life
We are gathering information about what next steps, if any, will be taken by this abortion company and will let you know of any further developments.
Created Equal is a social action movement seeking to end the greatest human rights injustice of our time. Killing preborn babies is nothing less than age-based discrimination. Abortion robs us of our future. Our goal is to restore the true meaning of equality to include equal protection between the born and the preborn.