LaBarbera: New MRSA Staph Risk Spread by Gay Men Shows Risks of 'Second-Hand Sodomy'
Contact: Peter LaBarbera: Americans For Truth about Homosexuality, 630-717-7631, firstname.lastname@example.org
CHICAGO, Jan. 16 /Christian Newswire/ -- Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans for Truth (www.americansfortruth.org), issued the following statement in reaction to news reports that a new variety of staph bacteria, MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) -- highly resistant to antibiotics and possibly transmitted by sexual contact -- is spreading among homosexual men in San Francisco and other major cities.
According to researchers, the risk of contracting this potential deadly and drug-resistant bug is 13 times greater for gay men than for the rest of San Francisco's population. The San Francisco Chronicle reports: "What is unusual in this case is the high percentage of infections -- up to 40 percent -- occurring in the buttocks and genitalia."
- Is this not an eerie reminder of the initial stories 25 years ago about AIDS -- then called GRID (Gay-Related Immunodeficiency Disease)? It is unfathomable that after that plague, disease specialists and the media are now surprised at the correlation of new infections with homosexual behavior;
- Wake up, medical and political establishment: homosexual behavior is unhealthy -- no matter how many secular sermons you preach against "homophobia." Due to liberal political correctness, which treats aberrant -- even deadly -- behaviors as a "civil right," we as a society don't seem to have learned much from the AIDS pandemic;
- Why aren't all schoolchildren being taught that there are special health risks associated with homosexual behavior and that they should "just say no" to homosexuality? (Instead, schools are telling certain confused youth that they are naturally "gay," a harmless identity);
- Why won't the media make the common-sense connection between these frequent stories about (male) homosexual behavior and disease -- and the notion that society should not celebrate homosexuality and bisexuality?;
- Why isn't there a concerted government effort -- akin to the current anti-smoking campaigns -- to reign in homosexual promiscuity -- beginning with closing down all sex businesses (bathhouses) that facilitate homosexual perversion? We know that bisexual behavior (men on the "down low") helps spread dangerous diseases to the general population: how many deaths have to result from this "second-hand sodomy" before authorities take corrective action?;
- If any other behavior were as closely linked to death and disease as male homosexuality, would we be so careful not to criticize it -- or would we offer healthy alternatives to it like abstinence and the ex-"gay" movement?