NEWS PROVIDED BY
March 13, 2019
COLUMBIA, S.C., March 13, 2019 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Christian Education Initiative (CEI), with 18 member organizations, announces its formation for the purpose of advancing the cause of biblical Christian education in K-12 education, including college students and adults. Members of CEI include Dr. Gary House; Jay Jusino, Equipping Teachers International; Jeff Keaton (CEO), Ron Gordon (COO), Renewanation; Dr. Max Lyons & Dr. Carole Adams, Foundation of American Christian Education (F.A.C.E.); Stephen McDowell, The Providence Foundation; Chaplain E. Ray Moore (Chairman) and Gail Moore, Frontline Ministries, Inc. and Exodus Mandate; Kevin R. Novak, Deconstructing the Coliseum; Gary Porter, Constitution Leadership Initiative; Karl Priest, Exodus Mandate (West Virginia representative); Dr. Paul Michael Raymond, New Geneva Christian Leadership Academy and Reformed Bible Church; Roberto Rinaldi, Association of Principled Education Christian Schools (AECEP); Don and Chris Schanzenbach, Mission to Restore America; Mark Shepard, Planting Seeds to Renew America; Mr. Steven C. Smith, Henricus Colledge, 1619; Dan Smithwick, Nehemiah Institute; Paul and Gena Suarez, The Old Schoolhouse; Israel Wayne, Family Renewal Ministries, LLC; Pastor Travis Witt, American Transformation Company.
E. Ray Moore, founder and president of Frontline Ministries, Inc., and Exodus Mandate and CEI chairman announced, "Now is the time for like-minded ministries to unite and promote a national movement to expand biblical worldview education. We are not government school reformers but are rather encouraging parents to provide a biblically based education for their churches and children. Christian children need Christian education."
The Christian Education Initiative (CEI) is a Bible-based, evangelical alliance of member organizations whose purpose is to advance the Kingdom of God by growing Christian education, thus helping to fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and the cultural mandate (Genesis 1:28-29; Matthew 5:13-14).
Dan Smithwick, president of the Nehemiah Institute, observes, "The Worldview Shift in America of the past 30 years is the greatest abandonment of the Judeo-Christian faith since our nation's founding. Results of Nehemiah Institute's unique worldview assessment, The PEERS Test, provides documented evidence that our nation's government-run educational system is systematically and intentionally erasing our roots to the Christian faith." Smithwick believes this is the single greatest threat to the future of our free Republic. He has stated in numerous conferences that, "It is time for the Church to make an unqualified decision that local churches will once again, in conjunction with parents, take on full responsibility for the education of their children." Smithwick argues that the Church must cease asking the secularized, de-Christianized school system to educate her children.
CEI intends to enlighten Christians (pastors, parents, teachers, students) about the spiritual and academic failures of public education and encourage them to pursue Christian education, either Christian schools or Christian home schooling. CEI will mobilize parents and the church to reclaim its responsibility for the education of its children. Pastors who support K-12 Christian education say that there has been no "strong voice" advising them what to do. CEI is now that strong voice!
CEI has the following six broad objectives:
- To facilitate a dramatic increase in the number of children exiting government schools and entering Christian education from a Christian school, Christian homeschool co-op model, or other Christian models.
- Rather than attempting to reform the unbiblical, unconstitutional government school model, we promote real reform – the ideal of private biblical Christian education for their churches and children.
- To work for the complete privatization of all K-12 education, removing authority for education from civil governments, and returning it to parents.
- To establish, encourage and promote education based on a Biblical philosophy, curriculum and methodology.
- To encourage and promote all efforts that train parents, pastors, teachers, board members, and other educational leaders in a biblical philosophy, curriculum, and methodology of education.
- To promote efforts that assist parents of limited financial means to be able to afford biblical Christian education, without government entanglement, such as private scholarship programs.
For more information, go to www.christianeducationinitiative.org or contact Chaplain E. Ray Moore, (Lt.Col.) USAR Ret., at the Frontline Ministries, Inc., (Exodus Mandate) ministry office, 803-714-1744, email@example.com. CEI is under the auspices of Frontline Ministries, Inc. You may also contact any of the individual member organizations.
SOURCE Exodus Mandate
CONTACT: Chaplain E. Ray Moore, (Lt.Col.) USAR Ret., 803-714-1744, firstname.lastname@example.org