Industry Leaders to Discuss Critical Issues in Christian Communications
Contact: Kenneth Chan, Director of Communications, National Religious Broadcasters, 703-331-4520
ATLANTA, July 30, 2012 /Christian Newswire/ -- Key leaders of ministries and organizations involved in Christian broadcasting and electronic media will gather in Atlanta, GA, August 13-14 to discuss some of the top issues, concerns, and opportunities facing them today.
Organized by the National Religious Broadcasters, the Summer Innovation Exchange will give like-minded communicators the opportunity to glean from each other the best ideas and practices for more effective ministry and outreach.
CEOs, station managers, fundraisers, sales executives, internet/social media utilizers, marketing/PR representatives, and media producers will come together for breakout sessions moderated by top leaders in each field.
Ron Harris, Senior Vice President of NRB, who has organized the event, says: "This is a unique opportunity to exchange best ideas with your peers in the industry, and to learn how others approach the challenges faced in this critical day."
Jim Sanders, Executive Vice President of Ambassador Advertising Agency, and moderator of the SIE breakout session for Agencies, adds: "Just like a picture is worth more than 1,000 words, face time is worth more than 1,000 tweets! Nothing is more important in business than to sit across the table and make personal connection. We're in a relationship business and that's where connections are forged and formed."
Hosting the Summer Innovation Exchange this year is In Touch Ministries, the teaching and broadcast ministry of renowned megachurch pastor Dr. Charles Stanley. In addition to connecting with like-minded communicators, SIE participants will get an inside look at In Touch, one of America's most successful media ministries, as it celebrates its 35th anniversary.
Furthermore, Dr. Stanley will speak to the SIE group along with Joshua Youssef, the Executive Vice President of Leading the Way, the international broadcast ministry of Dr. Michael Youssef.
Those attending previous SIE meetings have talked of the importance of these gatherings. They say:
- "If you can only attend one seminar a year, the SIE provides the best bang for your ministry buck."
- "It would take two weeks of travel and expense to accomplish what's been done in the last two days."
- "This is the ONE opportunity to network with my peers in ministry during the whole year."
The leadership team that will moderate the various breakout sessions this year consists of:
- Ed Cannon, President, Far East Broadcasting Company | CEOs
- Jim Sanders, Executive Vice President, Ambassador Advertising Agency | Agencies
- Nathan Tabor, President, TCV Media | Internet/Social Media
- Doug Price, Director of Media, Hope for the Heart | Fundraising
- Kristin Cole, Account Manager, A. Larry Ross Communications | Marketing/PR
- Wayne Shepherd, President, Wayne Shepherd Communications | Program Producers
- Mike Moran, Vice President/GM, Salem Communications Atlanta | Sales
- Eben Fowler, Director of Operations, Bott Radio Network | Station GMs
From the NRB association, President and CEO Dr. Frank Wright and Chairman Rich Bott, President and CEO of the Bott Radio Network, will also be on the program.
To register for the Summer Innovation Exchange, go to www.nrb.org/events/innovation-exchange. The cost is $399 for NRB members and $499 for non-members.
Special accommodation rates have been provided at the Marriott Atlanta Buckhead Hotel for $129/night. Information on the hotel, schedule, and registration is also available at www.nrb.org/events/innovation-exchange.
Co-sponsoring the Summer Innovation Exchange this year is 316 Networks, which specializes in streaming of Christian content on the Internet.
The National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) is a non-partisan, international association of Christian communicators whose member organizations represent millions of listeners, viewers, and readers. Learn more at www.nrb.org.
For information about the annual NRB Convention & Exposition, go to www.nrbconvention.org.