Planned Parenthood Now in Crisis Mode
Contact: Amber Dolle, 804-852-2979, email@example.com
WASHINGTON, October 16 /Christian Newswire/ -- "I would have never guessed that some of the best advertising for the nationwide program of pro-life prayer vigils would come from Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion chain in the United States," said David Bereit, national campaign director for 40 Days for Life.
"People in more than 80 communities are taking part in 40 Days for Life, and about half of the vigils are being conducted outside Planned Parenthood facilities," he said. "It seems that's where the prayers of average people around the country are having their greatest impact." Today marks the 21st day of 40 Days for Life.
Planned Parenthood's national office is circulating an e-mail alert to abortion advocates around the country, calling for their financial help to fight back against 40 Days for Life. The message attempts to mischaracterize the peaceful intentions of those who have gathered to pray. "Right now," writes Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards, "there are picketers outside clinics all across the country in an attempt to restrict women's access to health care services."
"Planned Parenthood is investing quite a bit of energy in response to 40 Days for Life," said Bereit. "Would they do this if the campaign wasn't hurting their business and tarnishing their public image? We're hearing story after story outlining the dramatic impact of the 40 Days for Life effort."
• In Indianapolis, Indiana, the Planned Parenthood facility has been closed on Saturday, a day it usually offers abortions.
• In Pensacola, Florida, a local abortion facility has been closed for three weeks.
• In El Paso, Texas, 12 babies have been saved from abortion.
• In Sacramento, California, there have been 600 participants in the continuous vigil.
• In Charleston, South Carolina, 48 babies have been saved and one of the abortion workers asked for a bible and took it into the clinic.
• In Norwich, Connecticut, the local pregnancy center has seen a significant increase in abortion vulnerable and abortion minded clients.
• In Seattle, Washington, many who have never been involved in pro-life work before are becoming deeply involved through this campaign.
More than 50 cities across America have reported successes during the first half of 40 Days for Life. Their reports are posted online at: http://40daysforlife.com/blog/?p=25
Said Bereit, "To put it plainly, prayer works. We're looking forward to hearing many more such reports during the second half of the 40 Days for Life vigils—and beyond."