Contact: Dr. Paul Cameron, Chairman, Family Research Institute, 303-681-3113, 303-886-1947 cell
COLORADO SPRINGS, Dec. 8 /Christian Newswire/ -- Mary Cheney, the Vice President's unmarried daughter, is expecting. Dr. Paul Cameron, Chairman of the Family Research Institute, a Colorado Springs think-tank, condemned her decision:
"Unmarried women should not deliberately have children. Their children are more apt to experience privation and disruption. Consequently, such children are more apt to do poorly in school, disrupt society (e.g., engage in criminality), and be personally troubled. These wrongs are compounded when the child is brought into a homosexual setting."
"By this selfish action, Cheney is not merely disrupting society, she is being cruel to her child:
- Mary, 37, is currently 'partnered' with Heather Poe, 45. The median age of death for lesbians is around the late 50's. If Poe and Cheney stay together, odds are this child will lose at least one caretaker before graduating high school.
- Children of homosexuals testify that day-to-day living is more difficult – and they are more apt to report personal disturbance as a consequence.
- A high proportion of lesbian 'partnerings' break apart -- with custody issues haunting the child for the rest of his life.
- The child will disproportionately associate with homosexuals – who are as a class considerably more apt to have STDs and a criminal history, be interested in sex with children, involved in substance abuse, etc.
- The child will have a much higher probability of learning homosexual tastes (at least a third of lesbian's children adopt homosexuality).
"Her pregnancy is further evidence that participation in homosexual activity distorts value systems, inducing practitioners to harm the commonweal. Our society already has too many children born without the benefits of marriage; Cheney's action is not only a bad example, but poor treatment of an innocent child."