Part Two of Investigative Report Reveals Fifth Amendment Stonewalling and Subpoena Dodging by Tiller and Staff
Contact: Troy Newman, President, 316-841-1700; Cheryl Sullenger, Outreach & Media Coordinator, 316-516-3034; both of Operation Rescue
WICHITA, Ks., August 14 /Christian Newswire/ -- Operation Rescue has released Part Two of a four part investigative report based on a confidential source inside the Sedgwick County grand jury that investigated abortionist George Tiller in the third-trimester abortion death of Christin Gilbert.
Part one of the report, released last week, detailed the irregularities in the third trimester abortion death of a Down syndrome Texas teen and the grand jury’s frustrations in their inability to get information about her care.
Today’s report deals with obstruction within the grand jury process, including:
· The “hands off” prosecutor whose lack of involvement contributed to the grand jury’s inability to get the information they required.
· How abortionist LeRoy Carhart dodged the grand jury subpoena to avoid having to testify.
· How abortionist George Tiller used the threat of a drawn out process to pressure the grand jury into giving up trying to get his testimony.
· How arrogant Fifth Amendment stonewalling by Tiller employees frustrated efforts to seek justice.
· Why Tiller narrowly escaped indictment on four counts by only one vote.
“This inside information shows a shocking lack of concern for an innocent disabled girl and a frustrated grand jury that sought justice, but was prevented from making determinations because of a system that allowed the guilty to evade the investigative process,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. “This should be front page news in every paper in the country.”
Click here to read today’s story Part Two: Inside the Grand Jury
Click here to read Part One: What Really Happened to Christin Gilbert?