Contact: Debra Mason, Religion Newswriters Association Executive Director, 614-891-9001 ext. 1, Mason@RNA.org
MEDIA ADVISORY, Feb. 21 /Christian Newswire/ -- Religion Newswriters introduces a new tool for journalists who cover faith and values news, "Reporting on Religion: A Primer On Journalism¹s Best Beat." The primer dedicates nearly 100 pages to all facets of covering religion news‹from reporting basics, to best practices, to resources, to overviews of faiths.
Many recurring questions are answered in the primer, including:
- Where can I find resources on covering religion?
- How do I convince my editor that religion news is important?
- Do I reveal my personal faith to sources?
- What do I do when visiting places of worship?
- How does religion intersect with other beats?
Because religion coverage is always changing, the free guide is housed at www.RNA.org, where it will be updated regularly and is available for download. Print copies are also available upon request at no charge.
Written by former award-winning Dallas Morning News Religion Editor Diane Connolly, the primer draws upon the experiences of hundreds of journalists who regularly cover religion.
To request a copy, e-mail Amy Schiska at Schiska@RNA.org.