Global Institute for TransformationŽ ? A Cross-Denominational Ministry ? Launched to Transform Hearts, Lives and Communities and to Support the Church
Contact: Tim Maurer, GIFT, 402-212-7973, email@example.com
LINCOLN, Nebraska, March 12 /Christian Newswire/ -- The latest Pew Religious Landscape Survey points to a trend demographers and Church leaders have observed for years – movement across and away from religious affiliations. The Nebraska-based Global Institute For Transformation believes there's an even bigger issue that should be focused on – the spiritual fervency of the average American Christian, regardless of affiliation.
"Church leaders across denominations lament that many Christians are living lives that are virtually indistinguishable from non-Christians, and they warn that the Church is losing its impact on society," notes GIFT president Tim Maurer. "The Global Institute For Transformation is working on the root cause of the problem by encouraging people to no longer conform to the norms of this world, but rather to be transformed to live like Christ."
GIFT was established to encourage fervent spirituality among Christians, to help the Church reassert its relevance in today's technologically advanced and materially-centered culture, to reach out to our youth, many of whom have disconnected from the Church, and to ease global suffering. GIFT's mission is "Transforming hearts, lives and communities by helping people receive, fan into flame and share the gift of God."
Because GIFT believes that transformations require allowing the love of Jesus to work through us, GIFT has created tools to help people receive, respond to and share Christ's love, including:
- Scripture posters, note cards and yard signs to promote the Word of God amid today's culture where fewer people are reading their bibles.
- A creation-oriented curriculum, "Celebrate Our Creator"TM, to reassert the foundational truth that we were created by God and that He loves us and has a purpose for us.
- A children's book aimed at instilling compassionate living, "Sheep & Goat Go To The Ice Cream Parlor", based on the Parable of the Sheep And Goats in the book of Matthew, Chapter 25.
- "Sheep & Goat" and "Celebrate Our Creator" merchandise - including tee-shirts, clocks, messenger bags, mouse pads, stickers and more – to remind us everyday to live like Christ and to support compassionate ministry programs.
- A Spiritual Transformation Path to provide direction on living and loving like Christ – and reaching others for Christ.
With roughly 30% of Christians now turning to venues outside the Church to help build their faith - a number projected to reach 70% by 2025 - GIFT is working to establish a series of Christian experience "café" venues. Their purpose will be to work along side the Church to enable members of the Christian community to build and share their faith, and to reach non-believers with Christ's love.
GIFT is also enabling life-transforming, compassionate ministry around the world. GIFT promotes low cost, yet high impact tools to help the four billion people living on less than $2 per day and the one billion people living without clean water. These tools include irrigation pumps proven to raise farm incomes from $110 per year to $1100 on average and water filtration systems that help eradicate waterborne illnesses.
More information on the Global Institute For Transformation is available through the ministry website. GIFT's president, Tim Maurer, can be reached at 402-212-7973 (mobile), 402-484-5810 (office), or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org