Contact Alexa Coombs, Students for Life of America, 571-379-7261, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON, Jan. 3, 2013 /Christian Newswire/ -- Today, Students for Life of America announced the release of its first book, Courageous: Students Abolishing Abortion in this Lifetime, and the Courageous National Book Release Webcast on January 7th at 9pm Eastern Time. Participants can register and tune in for the webcast at www.courageousthebook.com.
"It is the stories of this pro-life generation that will make Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry shake in their boots," said Kristan Hawkins, author of Courageous and President of Students for Life. "Yet their stories, which are real and messy, won't make the news headlines. However, they must be told because it will be their stories that inspire and encourage others to join the cause of abolish abortion in this lifetime."
Joining Kristan on the Courageous National Book Release Webcast will be Jason Jones, co-executive producer of the pro-life movie Bella, who wrote the foreword to Courageous, along with several of the young people featured in the book. Participants who join the live webcast will receive a free chapter from the book as well as a 20% off discount code.
Written by Students for Life of America President Kristan Hawkins (www.studentsforlife.org), Courageous tells the heartwarming stories of pro-life students who have answered the call to abolish abortion. These are the faces of the pro-life generation.
Readers will be inspired by these young people whose stories will no doubt resonate in their own lives as they continue their fight against abortion. Readers will hear from:
- Melissa, a woman who survived unimaginable abuse at home and ended up living with nuns to escape her father, who forcibly aborted her siblings and had wanted her to succumb to the same fate,
- Julia, a girl who knows no fear and reaches out to women every day at abortion facilities, always offering help and the option to choose life,
- Amanda and Andrea, courageous birth mothers who placed their babies with adoptive parents,
- Steve, an ordinary guy who just went to a rock concert that changed his world view and ended up facing a recall election as student body president because he refused to back down from his pro-life beliefs, and
- Rebekah, a young girl who was raped and courageously chose life for her son.
Courageous will be available for purchase on January 7, 2013.
To speak with Kristan Hawkins, please contact Alexa Coombs at email@example.com and to order a book, please go to www.courageousthebook.com.