Contact: Denise Bensko, 972-739-2150
DALLAS, Dec. 5 /Christian Newswire/ -- How do we reach an iPod, MTV, YouTube generation with God's message of hope? How do we stay true to Biblical wisdom and still relate to people wrapped up in an un-Godly world? NeedHim Ministries has met the challenge with a series of video spots that take the "etched in stone" Commandments of God and put them in the reality of our troubled world.
"Some will call the TV spots edgy. Others will be startled at the graphics. And many will relate to the feelings and emotions the spots address. For those who know the distortion and despair of our culture today, the message of the UNREAL spots is hope. As the characters remind the viewer ...through Jesus, I am real again," said Drew Dickens, NeedHim Ministries' Executive Director.
Beginning today, MTV will air the series of ten television "commercials" based on the Ten Commandments. The spots will air in a national four-week campaign through the DISH Network and reach as many as 1.5 million viewers in the coveted 18-34 year-old market. The NRB Network, broadcast on Direct TV, will begin airing the series the week of December 10. The spots are also available to the public on YouTube (search 888-NEEDHIM).
Here's what others are saying about the NeedHim UNREAL campaign ...
- AWESOME ... they brought us to tears. - Kat Vazquez, Revolution TV
- Thank you, NEED HIM Ministry, for venturing out into challenging waters with the only true message of hope for troubled people in a troubled world...Jesus. - Ronald L. Harris, Chairman, National Religious Broadcasters
- Very strong ... gripping to watch. - Wes Ward, Revive Our Hearts Ministry
- Wow! Fantastic! I applaud you for using this medium to communicate the Gospel. The message is very clear ... non-church language to capture sin and eternal separation from God. - Wayne Pederson, President, Moody Broadcasting
- Poignant and full of power! Without a doubt, many lives will be touched. - Dede Hayes, Director of Broadcast Services, Cornerstone Television
- NeedHim is a pioneer in using digital methods to reach folks who sense a spiritual void in their life, but are not traveling in the timeworn traditional face-to-face venues. - Allan H. Beeber, Campus Crusade for Christ International
To see or download the UNREAL commercials go to video files or audio files
NeedHim Ministries began in 1996 as a partnership with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Campus Crusade for Christ, Moody Bible, and several other evangelical ministries. NeedHim Ministries was created to provide an evangelism response strategy to enable anyone to speak live with a trained volunteer about how to begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. More than 1200 radio and television stations, billboards, and newspapers across the United States promote the special call-in number (888-NeedHIM) and website needhim.org.