Pro-Family/Christian Leaders to Raise Objections to 'Gay Pride Month' -- and to Blast Human Rights Campaign for Participating in IRS-Gate
Contact: Fran Griffin, 202-643-1048
WASHINGTON, May 31, 2013 /Christian Newswire/ -- Several Christian and pro-family organizations, along with individuals who have left the homosexual life style, will hold a news conference in front of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) building (1640 Rhode Island Ave., NW, Washington, D.C.) at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, June 4, to express their objections to celebrating homosexual "pride" in June, during the so-called "Gay Pride Month." Spokesmen are also expected to lambaste the HRC for their role in receiving and using confidential financial records from the IRS that were used to denounce traditional marriage.
Speakers at the News Conference will include:
- Peter LaBarbera, founder and President of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality (www.aftah.org), who will address "What's wrong with 'gay pride'?"
- Filmmaker, Eric Holmberg of the Apologetics Group, producer of the documentary "Is Gay the New Black? Homosexuality and the Civil Rights Movement." See YouTube clip of his film to be released on Tuesday, "From Selma to Stonewall" here: bit.ly/115XtRP. DVDs will be available at the news conference.
- Diane Gramley, President of the American Family Association of Pennsylvania afaofpa.org who will discuss the ongoing homosexual health crisis.
- Linda Harvey, founder of Mission America and host of Mission America Radio (www.missionamerica.com) who will expose the harmful HRC agenda toward kids.
- Matt Barber, Vice President of Liberty Counsel Action, a public policy arm of the international civil rights legal group, Liberty Counsel (www.libertycounsel.com). Attorney Barber will address the HRC's apparent role in IRS-gate. HRC is being investigated for allegedly conspiring with IRS officials to illegally obtain private National Organization of Marriage (NOM) documents in an effort to publicly smear the pro-marriage group.
"Why are so many cities proudly celebrating a harmful sexual preference that undermines health, undermines families, and leads children astray?" asks Linda Harvey, talk show host and founder of Mission America. "The Human Rights Campaign is simply wrong to continue its business of selling this lifestyle to America. There's nothing here to be proud of, but instead, this organization should be very ashamed."
Peter LaBarbera, President of the Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, explained: "On Tuesday morning we will gather in front of the world's most powerful homosexual lobby group, Human Rights Campaign, in Washington, D.C., during so-called 'Gay Pride Month' (June) to proclaim the politically incorrect truth: that proud homosexuality is against God; against Nature; very unhealthy; and a serious threat to children and religious freedom. Thankfully, it is also changeable -- as proved by the existence of countless thousands of happy former 'gay' men and ex-lesbians.
"Our bottom line is that homosexuality is nothing to be proud of. In fact, practicing homosexual behavior, a destructive sin, is something to be ashamed of. Out-and-proud homosexualism -- far from being a 'human right' -- is actually a human wrong."
"We will also testify to the lies, dirty tricks, anti-democratic bullying, hate-mongering and intimidation that have fueled the advance of so-called 'gay rights' in America. Recently such tactics surfaced again when HRC obtained and published leaked IRS filings from a pro-natural-marriage group, which it used to attack the donors to Mitt Romney's campaign in an election year," Mr. LaBarbera said.
"It's not surprising that HRC has inroads into the most corrupt presidential administration in history," said Matt Barber of the Liberty Counsel. "The HRC is following the tactics of Saul Alinsky as detailed in his manifesto 'Rules for Radicals.' President Obama and his IRS are evidently aiding and abetting this radical organization. Because sexual anarchist groups like the HRC cannot win the debate on the merits, they must resort to underhanded and, as it now appears, outright illegal tactics in order to gain momentum for their extremist agenda," Barber said.
"As a child of the 60's, I was once very much a proponent of the so-called 'free-love' movement," remarked documentary filmmaker, Eric Holmberg. "When I became a Christian I discovered that 'free-love' was far from free; that destroying the Biblical binaries concerning both gender and sexual orthodoxy would eventually lead to greater license, confusion and untold human and social suffering; and that this third wave of the sexual revolution would serve as the coup de grâce for a sin-sick society that is even now free-falling towards Gomorrah."
The News Conference is sponsored by Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, a nonprofit national organization devoted exclusively to exposing and countering the homosexual activist agenda. Contact AFTAH at www.aftah.org, [email protected], at P.O. Box 5522, Naperville. IL 60567, or by calling 312-324-3787.