MEDIA ADVISORY, Aug. 31, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Who: Our Sunday Visitor Publishing -- Gretchen R. Crowe, Editor-In-Chief -- OSV Newsweekly
What: Media commentary on life and works of soon-to-be St. Teresa of Calcutta, India (1910-1997), founder of the Missionaries of Charity in 1948, who will be canonized in Rome on Sept. 4, 2016. Mother Teresa was beatified in 2003 by Pope St. John Paul II.
As featured in Sept. 4, 2016, OSV Newsweekly, throughout her life, Mother Teresa:
- Taught the poor to overcome difficulties and find joy through embracing the cross of Christ;
- Fought the unjust social structures that cause and support poverty;
- Lived among people of differing faiths, sharing the fullness of Catholicism and walking with people in their own faith journeys;
- Boldly lived her life for God, even amidst unjust criticism and slander.
Gretchen Crowe will be available to comment on Mother Teresa's life, faith and perspective on love, service and mercy as she sought to answer the call to 'quench the thirst of Jesus' on the margins of society. Today, the Missionaries of Charity is made up of over 5,000 sisters, in 758 houses, among 139 countries.
Our Sunday Visitor publishes several bestselling books on Mother Teresa, in addition to pamphlets, prayer cards and magnets:
- Mother Teresa's Secret Fire (by Joseph Langford)
- Mother Teresa: In the Shadow of Our Lady (by Joseph Langford)
- Mother Teresa and Me: The Years of Friendship (by Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle)
- Mother Teresa's Lessons of Love and Secrets of Sanctity (by Susan Conroy)
ABOUT OUR SUNDAY VISITOR
The world's largest English-language Catholic publisher, Our Sunday Visitor serves millions of Catholics globally through its publishing, offertory, and communication services. Established in 1912, Our Sunday Visitor publishes a wide range of books including Bibles, biographies of the saints, books by Pope Francis, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, children's books, devotionals, bible studies, inspirational works, and curriculum. Our Sunday Visitor is a not-for-profit organization, returning a portion of net earnings back to the Catholic community through the Our Sunday Visitor Institute. For more information, visit www.osv.com.