Ignatius Press announces parish and school screening program for hit film Mary of Nazareth
Contact: Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276, [email protected]
SAN FRANCISCO, June 26, 2014 /Christian Newswire/ -- MARY of NAZARETH, the epic motion picture on the life of the Blessed Mother from her childhood through the Resurrection of Jesus, was seen by some 200,000 people at close to 600 theatrical screening events in more than 270 cities across North America as part of Ignatius Press' immensely successful theatrical screening program. Ignatius Press now has made the highly acclaimed film available to be shown in your own church or school.
Bring the life of the Mother of Christ to the "big screen" in your own facility to entertain, evangelize, educate, change hearts and even raise funds for your own worthy cause.
The parish screening program packages include:
- Site license -- allows licensee to show the movie unlimited times at one venue for 12 full months from date of purchase. Licenses cannot be shared with another church, school, individual or organization.
- Mary of Nazareth DVDs to sell (MSRP $29.95) or gift. Each DVD case contains two discs -- one is the Mary of Nazareth movie in English with Spanish and English subtitles. The exciting contents of the second bonus disc includes an interview with Alissa Jung, who starred as Mary; an interview with Fr. Donald Calloway MIC, author and Marian expert; "behind the scenes" footage; a film photos slide show; segments from Mary: Mother of God, part of the acclaimed "Footprints of God" DVD series; "Pieta," a song by M.J. Poirier; and testimonies from the San Francisco premiere of Mary of Nazareth. Plus, there is a 24-page collector's booklet with study questions included in each case.
- Mary product brochures to give out with each DVD.
- One additional Mary of Nazareth DVD for screening purposes
- 13x19 full-color promotional posters with write-in space for event place, date and time
- Full-color souvenir tickets
- 1 full-color 24 x 36 souvenir poster
- Downloadable event planning guide and other downloads will be available at www.MaryFilm.com
Packages are available in 10-, 25-, 50-, and 100-DVD sets and, for a time until mid-October, license holders will have exclusive rights to sell the DVDs.
"Mary of Nazareth offers the best film presentation of Our Lady I have ever seen," says Father Donald Calloway MIC, considered one of the foremost experts on the life of Mary. "Mary of Nazareth is an absolute theological and Mariological masterpiece! It will make you want to love her more than ever."
To see a trailer of this film, endorsements from prominent Catholics and much more, check out www.MaryFilm.com.
For more information, or interviews, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or [email protected]).
To bring MARY OF NAZARETH to a parish or school in your area, please contact Diane Hanson ([email protected], toll free 866-431-1531 x 5 or direct 734-455-1973).
About the Film
MARY OF NAZARETH vividly captures the essence of Mary's profound faith and trust in God amidst the great mysteries that she lived with as the Mother of the Messiah, her compassionate humanity and concern for others, and the deep love that she and Jesus shared for one another. This movie underscores her special role in God's plan for our redemption, her unique relationship with Christ, and the tremendous suffering that she endured in union with his passion and death, as well as her serene joy at his Resurrection.
Filmed in Europe, this major new epic film on the life of Mary is the first full-length feature movie on the story of this incredible woman to be shown in theaters. It was shot in English in high definition.
MARY OF NAZARETH is directed by acclaimed European film director Giacomo Campiotti (BAKHITA, DOCTOR ZHIVAGO, ST. GIUSEPPE MOSCATI) and written by Francesco Arlanch (RESTLESS HEART, PIUS XII, POPE JOHN PAUL II). The original music score was written by Guy Farley. The film stars actress Alissa Jung in a compelling and inspired portrayal of Mary, as well as other top-notch performances by Andreas Pietschmann as Jesus, and Paz Vega as Mary Magdalene.
MARY OF NAZARETH recently won the 2014 Gabriel Award for religious film of the year. The Gabriel Awards are designed to honor works of excellence in film, network and cable television and radio programs that serve audiences through the positive, creative treatment of concerns to humankind.
About Ignatius Press
Ignatius Press is among the largest U.S. publishers and distributors of Catholic books, magazines, videos, DVDs, and music. It is the primary English-language publisher of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI's books.