Relics of Christ's Passion to be Presented at the Cathedral Basilica in Saint Louis in Celebration of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy
Contact: Denise Serafini, Apostolate for Holy Relics, 860-496-0648
ST. LOUIS, Mo., May 20, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Eight rare Relics of the Passion, with a unique musical and meditative program focused on the Passion of Christ, will be presented at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis on Friday, June 3, 2016. The event, designed to connect participants to the roots of their faith. The presentation has been arranged to celebrate the Jubilee Year for Priests and the current Year of Mercy declared by His Holiness, Pope Francis. The Cathedral Basilica is sponsoring multiple presentations throughout the day in collaboration with the Apostolate for Holy Relics (AHR), an organization founded 10 years ago in Los Angeles.
It's very rare to see a group of related holy relics all in one place as is presented in this program. Collections such as this are generally seen only in Rome or the Holy Land and is something that most people only get to see once in a lifetime. Documents for these relics have been reviewed and authenticated prior to the commencement of the first tour in 2007 and have been venerated in events throughout the world.
The Relics of the Passion collection includes:
- A piece of the True Cross, which was discovered by St. Helena
- A piece of the Holy Table from the room where the Last Supper took place
- A piece of the Column of Flagellation
- A piece of The Crown of Thorns
- A replica of the Holy Nail, fashioned using filings from the true nails
- A relic from the head of St. Longinus, the centurion who pierced the side of Christ
- A picture of (the effigy of) the Veil of Veronica touched to the original with a Vatican seal attesting to the fact.
- A piece of the exterior wrapping for the Shroud of Turin
Schedule of events:
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, program presentations and open veneration will be held on Friday, June 3rd:8:00 – 8:30 AM
- Holy Mass 9:30 AM – Program Presentation - includes Eucharistic Adoration during the meditative portion of the program
- 10:30 – Noon – Open Veneration
- 12:05 PM – Holy Mass for the Jubilee Year for Priests
- 2:00 PM – Relics Program Presentation
- 3:00 – 5:00 PM – Open Veneration
The Relics of the Passion will also be in Cape Girardeau on June 4 and in Springfield on June 5. Additional information regarding the AHR can be found at www.relictour.com.