Contact: Kristin Brown, Institute for Faith, Work & Economics, 703-962-7818
MCLEAN, Va., March 15, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Christian economist Anne Bradley explains how free markets saved her life and the life of her baby daughter in a new video, "Why Economics Matters," released Tuesday by the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics (IFWE). The video is part of an ongoing effort by IFWE to educate Christians on the importance of the economic way of thinking – how to make wise decisions that glorify God and bring about more human flourishing. To view the video and download a free video e-guide by Dr. Bradley, visit www.whyeconomicsmatters.com.
In the three minute video, Bradley explains:
- How economics is something we do every day, from deciding what we have for breakfast to what job to pursue.
- How God has called us to use economic thinking to work together to bring about greater flourishing for his glory.
- How a free market society allows people more fulfilling opportunities to use their gifts to serve others.
- How free markets made a way for people to create and sell life-saving equipment to save her life and her baby's life in the midst of a traumatic pregnancy.
- Why as Christians, if we care about human flourishing, we should care about economics, or the economic-way of thinking.
The video will be primarily used in educational settings on Christian college campuses, where many evangelical Christians are passionate about poverty and economic development, as well as on social media, where vibrant conversations about economics and morality take place every day.
The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics (IFWE) is a Christian organization committed to advancing biblical and economic principles that help individuals find fulfillment in their work and contribute to a free and flourishing society.