Operation Rescue will announce specific plans Tuesday for prayer and prophetic outreaches in conjunction with next week's hearing
Contact: Troy Newman, President, 316-841-1700; Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Policy Advisor, 316-516-3034; both with Operation Rescue, firstname.lastname@example.org
WICHITA, Kansas, November 10 /Christian Newswire/ -- Late-term abortionist George R. Tiller is scheduled to appear in court on November 17 for a week-long hearing of his motion to suppress evidence and dismiss 19 criminal charges of illegal late-term abortions brought against him last year by former Attorney General Paul Morrison.
Those already subpoenaed by Tiller's defense include seven high-profile figures, some of which have dominated headlines over the course of the last five years that Tiller has been under investigation.
According to court records, subpoenas have been issued to the following people:
· Former Attorney General Phill Kline, who originally was granted access to approximately 90 heavily redacted abortion records from Tiller and Planned Parenthood after a three-year battle in the Kansas Supreme Court.
· Former Attorney General Paul Morrison, who, after review of the abortion records left by Kline's investigation, filed 19 criminal charges against Tiller that are now the subject of the current action. Morrison resigned in disgrace after a sex and abortion corruption scandal surfaced.
· Judge Richard Anderson, the District Court judge who oversaw the redaction of the abortion records under the rules of the Kansas Supreme Court. He also found probable cause to believe that Tiller had committed 30 other crimes filed by Kline, which were later dismissed at the request of Tiller's friend, District Attorney Nola Foulston, on dubious jurisdictional grounds without being considered on their merits. Judge Anderson is resisting the Tiller subpoena and has filed his own motion to quash it and has requested a protective order.
· Thomas D. Williams, a special investigator in the Kline administration.
· Eric Rucker and Stephen Maxwell, Assistant Attorneys General under Kline who participated in the Tiller investigation.
· Jared Reed, one of the investigators in Kline's office who worked under Thomas Williams.
The court has reserved the entire week for the lengthy hearing where Tiller's attorneys will ask for the evidence of Tiller's criminal conduct contained in the abortion records to be suppressed and the case to be dismissed. If Tiller's motions fail, he faces trial on March 16, 2009.
Operation Rescue plans to monitor the hearings and will announce specific plans tomorrow, Tuesday, November 11, for series of prayer and prophetic outreaches in conjunction with next week's hearing.
About Operation Rescue
Operation Rescue is one of the leading pro-life Christian activist organizations in the nation. Operation Rescue recently made headlines when it bought and closed an abortion clinic in Wichita, Kansas and has become the voice of the pro-life activist movement in America. Its activities are on the cutting edge of the abortion issue, taking direct action to restore legal personhood to the pre-born and stop abortion in obedience to biblical mandates.