WASHINGTON, April 1 /Christian Newswire
/ -- Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius appeared before the U.S. Senate Health and Education committee yesterday and gave no answer for her extremist abortion policies or her ties to the radical abortion lobby, including late-term abortionist George Tiller.
Sebelius is scheduled to appear before the Senate Finance Committee at 10:00 am EDT for further examination. Her confirmation will be voted on at that time.
"We call on members of the Finance Committee to ask the hard questions about her policies that have supported and encouraged dangerous conditions at abortion clinics and her involvement in numerous abortion-related scandals. The people have a right to know exactly what they are getting with Gov. Sebelius," said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman.
Among issues that that make Sebelius unfit to serve are:
- Sebelius' connections to late-term abortionist George Tiller and Planned Parenthood. Sebelius partied with both abortionist suppliers when they were each under criminal investigation.
- Documents and receipts show that taxpayers funded a party that Sebelius hosted in Tiller's honor at the official governor's mansion in 2007. She claims the party was an auction prize and that the cost of the party was reimbursed, but not one shred of evidence has ever been produced to back up those claims. Operation Rescue says her fabrication about the party cannot be believed.
- Sebelius showed poor judgment in appointing political cronies and associating with politicians involved in numerous abortion-related scandals. Among those are the following:
She personally recruited Paul Morrison to run for attorney general. He was forced to resign within months after having been caught in a sex and abortion investigation obstruction scandal.
Sebelius appointed abortionist Howard Ellis to head the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts after he surrendered his medical license in Missouri rather than face disciplinary action. He later was forced to resign and was charged attempting to persuade a physician to falsify records.
- Sebelius repeatedly vetoed safety rules for abortion clinics. Her vetoes allowed two abortion businesses to continue operating under filthy, unsafe conditions.
- Sebelius served for 8 years as insurance commissioner. As a result, health insurance in Kansas is now among the most expensive in the nation, drastically reducing health care affordability.
"We are urging the public to contact the Senate Finance Committee today and demand answers to these issues," said Newman.
List of Finance Committee Members
About Operation Rescue®
Operation Rescue is one of the leading pro-life Christian activist organizations in the nation. Operation Rescue recently made headlines when it bought and closed an abortion clinic in Wichita, Kansas and has become the voice of the pro-life activist movement in America. Its activities are on the cutting edge of the abortion issue, taking direct action to restore legal personhood to the pre-born and stop abortion in obedience to biblical mandates.