Alpha Omega Publications Adds CTE Electives, New Features to Switched-On Schoolhouse
Contact: Teri Elgersma, 800-682-7391
ROCK RAPIDS, Iowa, July 8, 2013 /Christian Newswire
/ -- Available from Alpha Omega Publications for the back-to-school season, the 2013 edition of Switched-On Schoolhouse
includes three new CTE electives and first-time features.
The computer-based Christian homeschool curriculum has gained three career and technology education (CTE) electives that give high school students digital skills required for today's colleges and businesses:
· SOS Office Applications I: Tutorials for Microsoft® Word®, PowerPoint®, and Publisher®
· SOS Office Applications II: Tutorials for Microsoft® Access® and Excel®
· SOS Small Business Entrepreneurship
SOS also offers a number of new time-saving benefits for homeschool families.
New SOS Features:
· An answer finder that allows teachers to link directly to the lesson
· Recyclable custom assignments
· A teacher mode that allows parents to locate ungraded assignments easily
· A student mode that lets students see tasks that are due that day
· An attendance tracker
First released in 1997 on CD-ROM, Switched-On Schoolhouse provides the five core subjects of Bible, history and geography, language arts, science, and math, as well as over 35 electives for students in grades 3-12. The biblical curriculum offers automatic grading and recordkeeping, advanced lesson planning, and media-rich lessons packed with interactive games, movies, maps, and timelines. SOS is used by the Duggar family
from the TV show 19 and Counting.
About Alpha Omega Publications
Founded in 1977, Alpha Omega Publications is a leading provider of award-winning PreK-12 Christian curriculum, educational resources, and services to Christian schools, homeschool families, and distributors. Visit Alpha Omega Publications or call 800-682-7391.