Ridley Scott's first biblically-themed project since EXODUS: GOD'S AND KINGS rated 3 out of 5 stars by Faith Driven Consumer
Contact: Matthew Faraci, Faith Driven Consumer, 919-645-0771, firstname.lastname@example.org
RALEIGH, N.C., March 26, 2015 /Christian Newswire/ -- Faith Driven Consumer™ — the consumer advocacy organization representing 41 million Christian consumers who spend $2 trillion annually, has earned wide recognition for rating the faith compatibility of Hollywood films, measuring how they will resonate with faith-driven audiences, and predicting box office performance. The group's Faith-Friendly Film Review system serves as a key resource for consumers to evaluate entertainment choices.
The National Geographic/Scott Free Productions television movie Killing Jesus—which examines the life of Jesus Christ from three different perspectives—rates 3 out of 5 stars.
Chris Stone, founder of Faith Driven Consumer and Certified Brand Strategist, has issued the following statement:
"Killing Jesus failed to earn more than thee stars because it largely ignores the divinity of Jesus Christ—a non-negotiable for the faith audience. This offering from Ridley Scott and National Geographic has strong production values and is entertaining, but its humanistic depiction of the Son of God—void of the divine essence of His life—lacks appeal to audiences who hold this as the pivotal and most important story in all of history and in their personal lives."
See Faith Driven Consumer's review of Killing Jesus here:
Faith Driven Consumers and Christians overall: What they want in entertainment
- 96% of Faith Driven Consumers (FDCs) say that their faith has a major influence on their entertainment choices, compared to 47% of Christians overall. 61% of FDCs rate faith's influence as a 10, compared to 18% of Christians overall.
- 87% of Faith Driven Consumers are much more likely—58% very much more likely—to choose entertainment options that promote Christian-compatible values, compared to 54% of Christians overall, while 73% of Faith Driven Consumers avoid watching television and films that conflict with their Christian worldview, compared to 41% of Christians at large.
- 81% of Faith Driven Consumers are likely to recommend a movie to others, compared to 79% of Christians overall. 49% of FDCs are very likely to recommend a movie, compared to 39% of Christians overall, while 61% of Faith Driven Consumers are likely to discourage others from seeing a movie, compared to 49% of Christians overall. 31% of FDCs are very likely to discourage a movie, compared to 17% of Christians overall.
- 78% of Faith Driven Consumers say it would have a significant influence on their decision to see a film if their church encouraged it, compared to 55% of Christians overall, and 57% of Faith Driven Consumers' churches encourage members to see specific faith-based films, compared to 36% of Christians overall.
Faith Driven Consumers and Christians overall: Importance of specific attributes
On a scale of one to five, Faith Driven Consumers rate biblical accuracy as the #1 factor in considering a film. Below is how all factors were rated.
- 60% gave "how accurately the movie reflects the Bible" a 5 (4-5: 84%), compared to 28% of Christians overall.
- 59% gave "compatibility with Christian values" a 5 (4-5: 89%), compared to 23% of Christians overall.
- 56% gave "how appropriate the film is for children" a 5 (4-5: 78%), compared to 30% of Christians overall.
- 51% gave "faith-compatible characters and relationships" a 5 (4-5: 83%), compared to 21% of Christians overall.
- 51% gave "faith-compatible situations" a 5 (4-5: 83%), compared to 20% of Christians overall.
- 50% gave "entertainment value" a 5 (4-5: 83%), compared to 36% of Christians overall.
For further details on the poll, please go to: americaninsights.org
About Faith Driven Consumer
Faith Driven Consumer is a movement connecting Christian consumers with companies that are relatively more compatible with a biblical worldview. By educating and engaging Christian consumers, Faith Driven Consumer provides an online community forum offering resources for making more faith-conscious decisions, encourages companies to meet the unique needs of Faith Driven Consumers, and offers a national voice for this rapidly emerging, economically powerful and Christ-centered consumer market segment. Visit www.faithdrivenconsumer.com for more information.