Contact: Steve Hoeft, Founder, 314-575-1400, Steve@FaithDrivenBusiness.org; Cat Knarr, Editor and Community Manager, 630-890-8917, Cat@FaithDrivenBusiness.org; both with Faith Driven Business
ST. LOUIS, Aug. 27, 2013 /Christian Newswire/ -- Faith Driven Business Founder Steve Hoeft had worked on a social media agency business plan for a year when he realized he needed to switch directions completely and start a network for Christian entrepreneurs instead.
On a flight to Los Angeles, Hoeft heard God say, "Stop!" A twice-recognized Inc. 500 entrepreneur, Hoeft had prepared to give an investor his final pitch upon landing.
"After spending a year on that business plan, I was stunned," Hoeft said. "Why hadn't I heard this before? God said, 'You love helping small businesses succeed and you love Me, so merge the two and do that!'"
Hoeft wrote down "Faith Driven Business," and within five minutes of landing had reserved the domain name, www.faithdrivenbusiness.org. Now, a year later, the site shares tools and training from the best minds in business, as well as faith organizations such as Saddleback@Work, the Colson Center, Biblical Business Training and CEO mentor Richard Blackaby.
As GetReligion.org recently observed, the relationship between business and religion "remains largely unexamined by major media outlets." After seeing the results of trusting God in his own life, Hoeft designed Faith Driven Business around Bible verse John 15:5: "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
The brand-new site empowers entrepreneurs to Connect, Grow and Give.
- Connect with seasoned entrepreneurs through:
- "Best in Business Chats”: live Google Hangout interviews with experts like NY Times bestselling author Jon Acuff, who works for popular financial radio personality Dave Ramsey;
- Faith Driven Business social media.
- Grow spiritually and professionally through:
- Subject Matter Experts: leaders in eight business categories who train entrepreneurs via webinars, Q&As and 1:1 coaching;
- Daily blog posts: small business tips and spiritual wisdom for work;
- Ethics training from the Colson Center;
- The Vineyard tri-weekly e-newsletter.
- Give to others: Faith Driven Business helps entrepreneurs brainstorm and implement strategic giving related to their products and services.
For the network's launch this week, Faith Driven Business will host a Google Hangout titled, "How to Get Your First 1,000 Facebook Page Likes," and give away copies of Jon Acuff's "START" and three titles from Blackaby Ministries.
As bestselling Christian author Jon Acuff said, "I hope through Faith Driven Business and other organizations like [it], we can redeem the idea that being a 'Christian business' doesn't mean we're good at prayer and horrible at our craft. It means we're amazing at our craft."
For references and more information, visit the press release here.
About Faith Driven Business
Approximately 19 million American small business owners identify as Christian. Faith Driven Business launches a movement of entrepreneurs who want to merge their Christian faith and their businesses.
Find Faith Driven Business on Facebook and https://twitter.com/FaithDrivenBiz.