Press Conf.: Black Pastors Confront Southern Poverty Law Center for Smearing Pro-Family Organizations Opposed to Homosexual Agenda as 'Hate Groups'
Press Conference Details---
Where: Outside the SPLC headquarters, 400 Washington Ave., Montgomery, AL
When: Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012, noon, Central Standard Time
Who: Scheduled speakers:
Peter LaBarbera, Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH
), Chicago, IL (the SPLC has smeared AFTAH as a "hate group");
Dr. Patrick Wooden, pastor, Upper Room Church
of God in Christ (COGIC), Raleigh, NC;
Matt Barber, Director of Cultural Affairs, Liberty Counsel
, Lynchburg, VA;
· Rachel Conner, representing Abiding Truth Ministries (smeared by SPLC as a "hate group")
· Pastor Glen Sawyer, New Mt. Zion Church of God in Christ, Elizabeth City, NC
· Pastor Wil Nichols, Victorious Praise Fellowship COGIC, Durham, NC
· Pastor Jon Robinson, Kingdom C.O.M.E. Ministries, Clairton, PA
· Pastor Kenneth Jefferson, Greater Harvest COGIC
The following pro-family leaders and groups will issue supporting statements:
· Arthur Goldberg, author, "Light in the Closet: Torah, Homosexuality, and the Power to Change";
Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans For Truth, which is sponsoring the press event, recently interviewed Pastor Wooden
, who said that the SPLC's gambit of labeling mainstream pro-family groups that oppose homosexual activism as "hate groups" is seriously damaging the SPLC's credibility. Wooden also debunked the "civil rights" analogy used by "gay" activists, saying it is wrong to compare "my beautiful blackness" with homosexual perversion.
LaBarbera said the SPLC is engaged in a thinly-veiled, one-sided campaign to demonize adherents of traditional Judeo-Christian morality. He noted that despite the considerable hatred and anti-Christian bigotry emanating from homosexual activists (e.g., Dan Savage's vile hate-site, Santorum[dot]com
), the SPLC has never labeled a "gay" organization or website as "hateful."