Commentators Available to Speak on the Universal Call to Holiness
Contact: Ashley Walker and Christine Schicker, 678-990-9032 or 404-610-8871; both with The Maximus Group
ATLANTA, Jan. 11 /Christian Newswire
/ -- The observance of National Vocation Awareness Week, which began yesterday with the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord, has been a celebration in the American Church since 1976. At Jesus' Baptism, God the Father acknowledges his Beloved Son and this biblical account formally introduces Christ into his public ministry. Catholics around the world are reminded on this feast of their baptismal call to recommit their lives to follow in the footsteps of Jesus.
Roman Catholics are the largest single denomination in the United States with slightly more than 65 million members. The Catholic Church in the United States is one of the most respected and influential voices in the country and the world. As a body, Catholics provide the best example of "vocation", with a mixed community of priests, religious, married and single people calling the Church home.
The National Vocation Awareness Week is a time to remember and celebrate the ways that God has called each person to a life of holiness, no matter their state or vocation in life.
The Maximus Group, the leading Catholic communications company in the United States has assembled a variety of speakers and spokespersons to reflect on aspects of the themes of this important week. Here is a sampling:
• Steve and Joni Abdalla, Founders of WeeBelievers.com and Wee Believers, the Catholic Toy Company. Their first two products, My Mass Kit, and Vocation Dolls, are particularly suited for the promotion of the priesthood and religious life to young children
• Dr. Matthew Bunson, Advisor to Cause of Canonization for two Saints, Author of We Have a Pope!, the first biography on Pope Benedict XVI, and Fr. Damien
• Deacon James Keating, Director of Theological Formation for the Institute for Priestly Formation (IPF) at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska and author of a new book, Resting on the Heart of Christ
• Fr. Robert Barron, Founder of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries and Producer of The Catholicism Project, a 10-part Epic film series on Catholicism
• Christopher West, Research Fellow at Theology of the Body Institute
• Dr. Pia de Solenni, Expert on Women's Issues, Moral Theologian and Cultural Commentator
• Julie and Kurt Carrick, musicians and spokespersons on marriage and family, Julie is a cancer survivor
• Art Bennett, marriage and family therapist, co-author of The Temperament God Gave You
• Lisa Hendey, popular blogger, author of the new book, The Handbook for Catholic Moms
Full biographies of these commentators and their topics are available.
The Maximus Group, LLC
The Maximus Group, a Catholic communications agency, first offered this unprecedented service to the media in 2005 at the time of the passing of Pope John Paul II, during the days of the interregnum and the papal conclave, and concluding with the election of Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger and his installation as Pope Benedict XVI. At that time 95 percent of the media outlets Maximus contacted worked with at least one expert commentator for regular appearances on their news programs and commentary in their publications, making Maximus the "one-stop shop" for media during this period. In fact, time and again media outlets return to Maximus for this service and have commented that when faced with a need for commentary from a Catholic perspective, "all roads lead to Maximus."
Maximus' mission includes providing the news media with reliable, informed, unbiased sources who can participate in intelligent discussions on topics that include a relevant and sometimes entertaining perspective from the Catholic space.
For interview requests or additional information, please contact Walker at 678-990-9032 or Schicker at 404-610-8871. To book any of these speakers for your event, contact Tina Remmert of The Maximus Group at email@example.com