We are the most effective way to get your press release into the hands of reporters and news producers. Check out our client list.

Co-Director of 'Alone Yet Not Alone' Launches a Purpose-Driven Film Workshop for Christians

Contact: Michael Snyder, 540-338-8023; George Escobar, 540-751-1021, george@adventfilmgroup.com

 

WASHINGTON, July 1, 2014 /Christian Newswire/ -- Following the successful theatrical release of ALONE YET NOT ALONE, George Escobar, co-director/co-writer of the Oscar-nominated (for best song) faith drama will host an extensive two-day film training workshop, June 19-20, 2015.

 

Escobar, co-founder of Advent Film Group, is offering a 50% discount for early registrations. "We're launching this program now so filmmakers can plan ahead and save money," Escobar said. "The 2015 workshop promises to be our biggest and best one yet."

 

Advent's annual film workshop covers the entire gamut of filmmaking, including: storytelling, production, marketing, and business. Select attendees then qualify to intern on Advent's feature films.

 

This model began when 40 students interned on the production of Advent's first feature, the 2009 drama, COME WHAT MAY. Workshop alumni also worked on ALONE YET NOT ALONE, produced by Enthuse Entertainment, which ranked third in box office per-screen-average during its opening weekend in June.

 

Advent teaches alternatives to film training, saving students tens of thousands of dollars over traditional film schools. "Those programs focus mostly on production elements, which can be learned for much less money by volunteering on a film set," Escobar explained. "Filmmaking is much more than production. That represents maybe 25 percent of what a filmmaker must know. [Filmmakers] need to know the rest—the 75 percent, that's what we teach hands-on." Escobar said.

 

"What I liked about the workshop, and what really helped me along my way, was the focus that they had on the business aspects," one workshop alumnus said.

 

"There's a lot of value in attending a workshop and you can…get your jumpstart on filmmaking," another alumnus said.

 

"Our purpose is to raise up and train the next generation of Christian filmmakers by teaching them all aspects of being a complete filmmaker for Christ, and not for themselves." Escobar said.

 

Advent's upcoming releases include: HERO (Fall 2014), a father-son baseball movie, and THE SCREENWRITERS (Spring 2015), a 1940s-era dramedy. Both films were made by professionals working with Advent interns and associates, many were alumni of previous workshops.

 

The 2015 film workshop is for anyone of any experience level considering film as a career or trying to bolster their media expertise or ministry.

 

The discounted workshop price of $199 lasts until July 22, 2014 for registrations via Advent's website (www.adventfilmgroup.com). The workshop will be in the Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia area. To arrange an interview, please contact George Escobar at 540.751.1021 or via e-mail at george@adventfilmgroup.com